Fandomtopia
Welcome to Fandomtopia! Register or login today and join the fun!

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» FT's 2017 Summer playlist contest
Today at 10:54 am by Savanah

» Camryn's Summer Raffle ` Winners Announced
Today at 10:15 am by meghan

» ✦ ✧ ѕтιgмa || a ticket store by hope ✧ ✦
Today at 12:17 am by Beloved♥

» FT OFFICIAL COUNTING THREAD
Yesterday at 9:53 pm by Hazza

» Snapchat vs. Instagram
Yesterday at 9:53 pm by Hazza

» Tumblr vs Twitter
Yesterday at 9:52 pm by Hazza

» Guess the person's age above you!!
Yesterday at 6:21 pm by Hazza

» ▷ Buttery Basil Pull-apart Bread ◁
Yesterday at 5:29 pm by Beloved♥

» Aᴿᴵᴬᴺᴬ Gᴿᴬᴺᴰᴱ
Yesterday at 2:43 pm by nicole

Who is online?
In total there are 26 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 25 Guests :: 2 Bots

Savanah

Most users ever online was 112 on Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:26 pm
Read our rules here!

Top posting users this week
Hazza

Beloved♥

nicole

Marilyn

meghan

Savanah

Milla

Poll

What do you like most about the last day of school?

36% 36% [ 5 ]
21% 21% [ 3 ]
36% 36% [ 5 ]
7% 7% [ 1 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]

Total Votes : 14

Timezones
Pacific Time Eastern Standard Time Mountain Time Central Time Zone South Africa United Kingdom Atlantic Time
Flag Counter

Ribbons

Affiliates
Protected by CopyScape
Protected by Copyscape
Statistics
We have 564 registered users
The newest registered user is Trixya

Our users have posted a total of 282745 messages in 4886 subjects

Short Story Contest Thread! Post your entries here!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Short Story Contest Thread! Post your entries here!

Post by ReadtheRavishing on Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:03 am

Heyyyyyy

Since I'm pretty sure we all want to read everyone else's short story contest entries, I figured they should all be in one place. You don't have to post your story, but I'm sure I speak for most of us when I say please do! I'll post mine later when I can get back to my laptop haha.
ReadtheRavishing
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Tickets : 2827
Warning :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Short Story Contest Thread! Post your entries here!

Post by Moose on Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:59 am

It was a dark and gloomy night.
Outside, a storm was raging and it was pouring buckets. I had planned to go out shopping in the brightly lit streets of New York City, but then a rain storm came. I was stuck in the Roosevelt Hotel, a hotel near 5th Avenue. At least I could still see the city lights outside of my window, I thought to myself.
New York City was a city that I would never have imagined to be so beautiful at night. I was used to green rolling hills and typical red farmhouses. An occasional car would pass by on the lonely country road near my house. Two cats accompanied me in my lonely house in New York Upstate. It took me a few days to become accustomed to the bright city lights and ubiquitous honking of horns.
I could see yellow taxis flitting around cars and trucks from my window, despite the heavy rainfall. My phone rang, causing me to leave my window seat reluctantly.
"Hello?" I said as I answered my phone
"Hello, is this a Ms. Shipley?" a masculine voice replied.
"Yes, that would be me. May I ask who is speaking?" I asked.
"I must request you to stay in your room. Please do not attempt to answer any electronic devices, make any noise, or leave your room. We don't want to alert them of your presence," he commanded, ignoring my question.
"What's happening?" I asked in a panicked voice. The dead silence that followed told me that he had hung up on me.
Suddenly, red lights flashed.
"Guests, please do NOT leave the room you are in right now. We are in an emergency situation because a threat has entered the building. Do NOT attempt to answer any electronic devices, make any noise, or leave your room. We are working on removing the threat as soon as possible," a robotic voice blasted through a speaker somewhere above my head.
I opened the door of the closet, climbed in, and closed it behind me. My heart was racing a thousand miles a minute. I hoped that the threat- whatever it was- wouldn't find me. Of course my luck was never with me. I heard some screams outside of my door and some loud banging.
I heard some loud banging on my door, causing me to cower in my hiding spot. My closet door was forced open, and I was dragged out, roughly. The person I saw was not somebody that I'd expected to see.
"S-Stephen?" I asked, shocked to know that he was the threat. In my high school years, Stephen was a good friend of mine, and was the quiet, nerdy type.
"Problem?" he smirked as he wrenched my wrist painfully. I cried out in pain, which only caused his smirk to grow bigger.
"What happened to you?" I asked him.
"Nothing. Now hold still, and I promise you that it won't hurt that much," he said as his fangs grew longer.
Whoa. FANGS?! Since when did he have fangs? Then it dawned on me. Stephen was a vampire. His strength and fangs had already proved that to me.
"Wow, you're smarter than the rest of the humans that I'd drunk from," he laughed as he came closer.
I closed my eyes, anticipating the pain. When I didn't feel hot breath or sharp pain at my throat, I opened my eyes cautiously. Stephen was pulled off of me and another guy- or was he a vampire too?- was standing in his place. He picked me up easily and threw me at the window. Sharp glass cut my skin as I fell, screaming into the night. I was losing consciousness fast and I knew two things: 1. I was falling fast, with heavy rain pelting my face and 2. I'm about to die. I heard cold laughter as I crashed onto the ground. That was the last thing that I'd remembered.*
Moose
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Tickets : 2969
Warning :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadtheRavishing on Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:15 am

OOOOOOH that's intense. I love your imagery!
ReadtheRavishing
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Warning :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazza on Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:56 am

Wow that's really good!

Hazza
Founder Samantha
Founder Samantha

Tickets : 77769
Warning :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark on Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:42 pm

I know mine is already visible, but here it is ;DDDDDD 

:My Entry:

Short Story

Dreaming Legends

It was moving day.  The day I dreaded the light from our sun to announce.  The whispering winds from the north bade a gentle welcome to the world.  My father helped pack all of the heavy things while I carried pillows to the moving truck.  I loved my mother and father so deeply.  Even if I didn't want to do dishes right away or when I didn't enjoy my father joking about silly nonsense.  They were my family, and that's all that mattered to me on a dreadful moving day.  We crossed over so many towns and cities that I grew bored.  Then, we arrived.

Part 1

I can't wait for school to begin.  But what if no one likes me?  I miss my old friends, but a new beginning was a full adventure in itself.  Trixy finished writing in her personal journal and closed it ever so gently.  It was late at night and she was restless.  She tossed and turned with blaring thoughts of what ifs and what now.  So many feelings pulsed through her mind making it impossible to sleep.  The sun rose high into the sky.  It was a new dawn of a new time in her life.  She rushed down the stairs, grabbed a granola bar, which tasted awful, and ran to the bus.  Trixy barely made it to the bus.  The bus ride wasn't terribly long, but long enough to cause butterflies to form in her stomach.  The bus came to a halt and the doors opened.  She saw the school before her, and she was exhilarated.  The floors seemed cleaner than her last, the hallway was alive with the buzz of chatter and footsteps.  What could possibly be wrong with such a beautiful school?
"Oh look, it's a new girl." a voice interrupted the perfect peace of Trixy's soul.

"Can I help you?" Trixy asked kindly.

"I don't think so.  You don't look like the kind of person anyone would like.  I think you're at the wrong school."

Trixy had to think for a moment before responding so then she would not cause a fight on her very first day.

"Well, even if you are not too thrilled on having me, I look forward to getting to know you guys more as the year goes on.  It was a sincere pleasure in meeting you."

With that, Trixy walked away from the group of girls that talked over her.  If she would have looked back, she would have noticed the large swarm of people watching her with shocked faces to her courage.  Time passed and she met many people, including many handsome boys that struck her as dumb ignoramuses.  By the time she returned home, she was spent completely.  She told her parents of how wonderful it was at the academy; or high school.  With that, she was ushered to her bedroom and kissed a sweet goodnight from her parents.

Part 2

"Trixy wake up!" a voice screamed from the distance in terror.
Trixy woke up with a start to a orange sky filled with ashes.  The town all around her were in flames and battle fire was heard from miles away.  A handsome figure appeared above her and was screaming her name.  It looked exactly like one of the dumb handsome boys from school, but covered in dirt and bruises.

"Blake?  What...where are..."

"You forgot again didn't you?  I told you to wake up slowly!" the boy complained in agitation.  "That doesn't matter now.  Just follow me before you get blown into smithereens."

She followed him behind structures and then they found a underground room.  The walls were covered in dirt, yet it was a well kept dirt room.

"Sorry that it's nothing much." Blake began.  "The Alphas have been trying to break into other dreams.  Luckily they don't have you.  Besides, you're the key they need to get access to everyone else's dreams."

"Wait, wait, wait," Trixy interrupted.  "What key?  Why me?  If this is just a dream, then why is it so 'important' that they don't have me?"

"You don't get it!" Blake raised his voice to a strict agitation.  "There is some kind of magic or something imbedded into your DNA.  I can't explain it that much because the Alphas spotted me in their camps.  Look, all I know is that all you have to do to stop them, is go into this kind of tube thing and it will keep your powers away from them.  Then you will have normal dreams again."

Trixy was perplexed at such things and was confused more than she had ever been in her life.  She didn't have time to ask more questions because a group of people in raggedy clothes jumped in and starred at Trixy.

"It's the Alphas!  Run Trixy!" Blake shouted.

Trixy pushed through the people and got out of the room.  She ran quickly until a car drove up beside her.  The car cut her off and informed her they were not from the Alpha group.  Without another thought, she jumped into the car and was driven to a great tower.  She was lead to a normal sized room to where two tubes were.  One read, "Power Drainer," while the other writing was scratched out.  The second tube appeared out of order.  Blake was soon by her side and lead her to the tube that worked.
"Just lay down in here and you will be just fine.  Everything will return back to normal." Blake spoke sweetly with a smile.

Something wasn't right.  The fact that it was titled "Power Drainer" beckoned that it was in fact a power drainer.  She decided in her mind that she would make a run for the second tube, but right as she thought that, a few other men rushed to her side and held her in place.

"If this is a dream," Blake smirked, "then don't you think we can hear your thoughts?  We are the Alphas."  Blake glanced down at a watch on his wrist.  It was a timer ticking down to who knows what.  Inevitably, it read a good one minute.  The men lead her to the tube harshly.  She had no choice but to be put into the power drainer.  Out of no where, a crash came sounding from the back.  The stragglers she once saw had blown the side of the building clean off.  With that distraction, she ran for the second tube.  She jumped in and secured herself tight.  The lid closed and one of the stragglers pushed Blake from the power controls. It was another boy, not quite as handsome but still enough to have something in his eyes.  He glanced over to Trixy with a look of longing and of love.  He mouthed words that were suppose to be heard, but were inaudible through the tube.  Trixy's head spun and she was asleep.  Trixy woke up with a start in her bed.  The birds sung glorious tunes with elegant grace and she could feel the breeze from outside through her window.  She stood up and forgot the events of her dream.  All she remembered was that it was intriguing and adventurous.  She never forgot the blue loving eyes that mouthed those words to her.  As she thought of the eyes, she whispered a secret back to the boy.  

'I love you too....'
Mark
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Tickets : 1084
Warning :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark on Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:45 pm

wow!  That's amazing Luci c:
Mark
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Warning :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazza on Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:53 pm

Woah your story is amazing!

Hazza
Founder Samantha
Founder Samantha

Warning :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadtheRavishing on Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:39 pm

“We’re lost.”
            “No we’re not, we’re just…a little turned around is all.”
            “We are so lost.”
            “No, I know exactly where we are!”
            “You know exactly where we are in a town we’ve never been to before?”
            “…Yeah.”
            “We’re lost.”
            The driver of the dark blue Honda Civic took her eyes off the twilight-lit road for a split second to glare at her companion. The girl in the passenger seat glared back. “Just find somewhere to stop and ask directions to the highway would you?”
             The driver, a strawberry-blonde in her mid-twenties, gave a half-hearted laugh. “Where? We haven’t passed anything but trees for a full ten minutes now. This is the middle of nowhere and it’s getting dark.”
             “So you do admit we’re lost!” accused the passenger, a short-haired brunette about the same age. “I knew we should have brought my dad’s GPS.”
             “Tina…”
             “Look! Is that a house?”
             Sure enough, several lights appeared came into view, enough to make out the shape of a house—if house were the right word for it, which it wasn’t. The thing was a mansion, at least three stories high, guarded by a fence with sculpted iron gates which stood open. Tina and the driver, Cassidy, gaped at the colossal structure for a few seconds before remembering why they were there to begin with.
            “Think anyone’s home?” Cassidy asked, noting the absence of cars in the driveway.
            Tina nodded. “The lights are on, so probably.” Her stomach growled. “…and maybe they’ve got snacks.” Her friend rolled her eyes.
            Cassidy parked the car on the street and headed for the gates. She got halfway there before she heard a thud followed by a cry of pain. Tina was on the ground clutching her ankle. “Shoot, what happened?” She ran over to check on her friend.
           “Ah, I think I broke my ankle!” Tina cried, her face contorted in pain.
           “Ok, ok, let’s just ask for directions to the hospital, yeah?” Tina nodded. “Think I can help you walk?” Another nod. After a few minutes of Cassidy half-carrying her friend, they reached the door. Just before she could press the doorbell, however, the door swung open to reveal the one person both girls hoped to never see again.

As Cassidy stared into the face that haunted her dreams, she thought back to the chain of events that brought her to this particular doorstep and cursed every point in their journey. Stupid computer software convention. Stupid for being in Maryland, five hundred miles away from home. Stupid Tina for convincing me to go with her. Stupid hotel that gave us unclear directions to the interstate. Stupid—
            She was broken out of her reverie by the girl standing in the doorway. She looked to be about the same age as Cassidy and Tina, but that was where the similarities stopped. The owner of the house was thin but muscular, with shoulder length dark brown hair and brown eyes. Her defining feature, however, was not a physical trait but the way she radiated strength and confidence, and could likely lead an army if she had to. The girls had seen this first hand, and it was actually quite intimidating. Cassidy was so taken off-guard she almost dropped Tina.
            “C-Cor-Corrine?” It was meant to be a question but came out more as a whimper, Tina’s pain now supplemented by shock. “Uh…um….uh….” Cassidy just stared.
            Corinne just stared at them, eyebrow raised in question. “Well, fancy seeing you two here. I—“ She noticed Tina struggling to keep her injured foot off the ground. “My God, what happened? Here, come in, let me get you some ice for that ankle.” She disappeared into the mansion. Dumbfounded, the lost friends had no choice but to follow.

Cassidy let a few choice words slip at the sight of the mansion’s interior. The foyer ceiling rose at least fifteen feet above the floor, just enough space for the glittering golden chandelier to hang. Marble floors, framed paintings on the walls, a music room off to the side housing a huge grand piano…
           “CASS!”
           Tina was still trying to balance on one foot while clutching to Cassidy for dear life. “Oh! Sorry!” They walked—or in Tina’s case, hopped--into the next room, furnished with plump couches and chairs framing a dormant fireplace, just as lavish as the foyer. Tina sat down on one of the couches and propped he r foot on the ottoman just as Corinne was returning from what they assumed was the kitchen holding an ice pack. She pulled a stool up to the other side of the ottoman and gently felt Tina’s ankle for broken bones.
           As much as Cassidy loathed their current situation, she hated awkward silence more. “So, uh, nice house.” She nearly facepalmed. Really? Nice house?
           Corinne looked up from her work and gave a sort of half-smile. “Thanks. It was a gift from some…friends of mine”
Tina raised an eyebrow; the use of the word ‘friends’ didn’t go unnoticed. “You must have friends in pretty high plac-OW!” Tina yelped as Corinne apparently hit a sore spot.
           Corinne furrowed her brow. “Something like that.” She sat back on the stool. “Well it isn’t broken, my guess is it’s just sprained. Here, keep this on it.” She said as she handed Tina the ice pack. She stood and addressed both friends. “Alright, so how did the two of you manage to get yourselves lost out here?”
           “How did you know we were lost?” Tina asked.
           “Why else would you be standing on my porch?”
            Tina blushed. “Oh.”
            Cassidy rolled her eyes. Tina was a great friend but she wasn’t the sharpest tool in the shed, despite her career as a computer programmer. “The hotel gave us wrong directions. We’re trying to get to the interstate.”
            Corinne laughed. “Wow, you’re really lost if you got here trying to find the interstate. You head east out of here, then take a right at the end of the road and follow it all the way until you see a high school. Then another right and after a few miles you find the interstate.”
            Cassidy snapped. She just couldn’t take all this niceness anymore, not from Corinne. “Alright. What? Why are you being so helpful to us?”
           “Excuse me?”
           “Come on, I know you hate us, just lay it on us.”
            Corinne’s eyes narrowed, like she expected this conversation. “Seriously? I try to be nice and you’re antagonizing me? Like I ever did anything wrong to you?
           “Uh, guys?”
           “Look, we apologized, didn’t we?”
           “You ruined my life! An apology wasn’t going to fix anything, the damage was done!”
           “We never meant for it to go that far, but we had valid reasons! Come on, you have to recognize our intentions were-“
           “Your INTENTIONS?  Were your intentions to get me kicked out of my home? Were your intentions to make me leave everything and everyone I’ve ever known? Do you have any idea what I went through those first months ON THE STREETS?”
            “GUYS!”
            Corinne and Cassidy finally stopped yelling to look at Tina, still on the couch. The poor girl looked like she was on the verge of tears. “Please, just stop.”
            Cassidy felt something wet on her face, and reached up to wipe it away. She was crying as well. The temperature in the room felt at least ten degrees colder than it did when they first arrived.                “Please,” Tina said. “Corinne, we’re sorry for what we did, what we said. We were just scared, you know? Even though…even though we had no reason to be.”
            Corinne’s expression softened from anger to sadness, but was still stern. “I trusted you, and you stabbed me in the back. You betrayed that trust, and because of your actions, they told me I had to leave or risk exposure. I couldn’t even tell Damien and Lori, because they were being watched! I had to leave my parent’s house, the only home I’d ever known. I was NINETEEN!” Now a small tear found its way down Corinne’s cheek. She wiped it away. Cassidy hadn’t done so well keeping her tears in check and had sat next to Tina on the couch.
            “But I forgave you.”
           Tina and Cassidy looked up in shock. “What?”
           Corinne smiled sadly. “You ruined my life. But since then I’ve found a much better one.” She gestured to her extravagant house. “One where I don’t have to be constantly looking over my shoulder for danger or worry about how I’m going to pay the bills. People depend on me to make their lives good. I have a greater purpose, and I have you two to thank for it.”

About an hour later, despite the fact that the sun had set, Tina and Cassidy were ready to try for the interstate again. Tina hobbled out the door on a pair of crutches Corinne had found stashed in a closet, and Cassidy carried a basket of snacks for the road. “I almost forgot she was planning on going to culinary school,” Cassidy was smiling now as she opened the car door to help Tina in, then went around to her side, started the car, and headed east, as per Corinne’s directions.

On the roof, a pair of glowing neon green eyes watched the red taillights fade into the moonless night.
ReadtheRavishing
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Warning :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Denise on Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:51 pm

Nice entries everyone! Mine is too bad to post (:

Denise
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Tickets : 1838
Warning :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadtheRavishing on Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:05 pm

WHAT no way pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease
ReadtheRavishing
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Warning :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazza on Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:26 pm

Amazing story Read! That was just wow, what more words can I say?

Hazza
Founder Samantha
Founder Samantha

Warning :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark on Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:39 pm

Dude!  I know drama and real life isn't my kind of thing, but the end part got me hooked completely to the story.  When I read the last sentence, it made the entire story 10 times better!  That's how much I love fantasy :]   I hope you publish more!  Seriously -
Mark
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Warning :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ReadtheRavishing on Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:50 pm

Aww thanks so much! But I don't know if I'll be able to write more. 

It's originally fanfic, I just removed all the fanfiction stuff to make it normal, and changed the names...and a lot of stuff actually lol.

...However I might be able to change it more to make it a full fledged normal story...hmm...

Last edited by ReadtheRavishing on Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
ReadtheRavishing
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Warning :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ani on Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:56 pm

read, your story is amazing.
Ani
Elite Member
Elite Member

Tickets : 10114
Warning :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazza on Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:06 pm

Locked.

Hazza
Founder Samantha
Founder Samantha

Warning :

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top